- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- NOVELTY ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
Selim KageeLocation: Based in Cape Town
Part Bocelli, a smidgen of Groban, with a slice of Pavarotti and a bead of Bublé – Selim Kagee has put his inimitable signature on a sound the world continues to love and support. Only now, thanks to his remarkable ability, it is coming straight out of Africa.
Some of the world’s most creative and inspired voices take a little while longer to mature, percolate and surge to the fore. Vocal master Selim Kagee is one such case in point who has made his debut into the world of Classical Pop music after being signed to the international label EMI in 2011. He has subsequently released his debut album ‘Cry For Love’ (Piango D’Amore) available in stores nationwide.
Selim’s music includes a selection of songs co-written with well respected producer and songwriter Clive Ridgway and recorded with the Cape Town POPS orchestra. Trained as a classical singer, his music consists of an eclectic mix of original compositions and interesting interpretations of popular gems, peppered with pop, classical and cinematic influences – all giving Kagee’s voice the opportunity to showcase its warmth, sincerity and presence.
Highlights from his repertoire, which is made up of mostly English and Italian songs, include:
- O Sole Mio
- Right Here Waiting For You
- Ave Maria
- You Are So Beautiful (Sei Cosi Bella)
- Chasing Cars (Trova Noi)
- and his original hit song as heard on radio - Cry For Love
Apart from leading roles in musical theatre productions such as The Sound of Music, The Boyfriend, Annie Get Your Gun, and The King & I, Selim's solo career highlights include 2010 World Cup Fan Park performances, an exclusive performance at former President Thabo Mbeki’s Residence, as well as various events around the country including Sun City and Zambia. In July 2012 Selim was invited to record a duet with International Superstars Celtic Woman for their 2012 Christmas album, singing Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful). Media coverage includes ongoing interviews on radio stations, television, and press articles.
“I want to play, perform, inspire and uplift people wherever my music may take me.” Selim Kagee
South African Noteworthy Performances
- Leading roles in musical theatre productions at Artscape such as The Sound of Music, Annie Get Your Gun, The King and I, Pirates of Penzance & The Boyfriend
- Corporate performances for clients such as Absa, Sanlam, Musica, Wesbank (Car of the Year Awards 2010), Momentum in Sun City, Zambia, Botswana
- Performance at The President’s House in Genadendal
- Expresso Morning TV show
- Nederberg Wine Estate New Years Eve Spectacular with the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra
Noteworthy bookings with Five Seasons
- Medi-Clinic Achievers Award ceremony, Endler Hall Stellenbosch
Thank you, he was loved by our audience and truly a wonderful artist. I really hope he makes his mark. We will promote him for sure! Thank you also for the smooth process of booking and constant feedback to be kept in the loop.
Melinda Pelser, Medi-Clinic