- POPULAR MUSIC
- CLASSICAL MUSIC
- WORLD MUSIC
- AFRICAN ACTS
- NOVELTY ACTS
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
3 Tons of FunLocation: Based in Cape Town
3 Tons of Fun have emerged over the last 8 years as one of Cape Town's and South Africa's most loved all-female groups. The larger than life trio wows their audience with a mix of showstoppers from the disco era, as well as well-kown and -loved pop, African and dance music. This fun-filled musical spectacular keeps attracting full houses to their popular cabaret show runs, which have included "Paradise Road", "An African Dream", and "Single Ladies".
They are in great demand on the corporate and special events circuit throughout South Africa and have performed at functions for top companies including, amongst others, Standard Bank, Ernst & Young, BOE, Sanlam, Transnet, Bidvest, Pick n Pay, Rabie Properties, IBM and Ericsson.
International Noteworthy Performances
3 Tons of Fun's first international engagement was in Thailand in September 2006 to entertain Pick n Pay franchisees from all over the world in their annual Conference, and they returned to this country in April of 2010 to perform as part of the SA Freedom Day celebrations. Since then they have travelled to Switzerland, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia, Ghana, Namibia, Botswana and Nigeria for a variety of performances.
South African Noteworthy Performances
Some performance highlights include singing the acceptance speech for John Vlismas at the 2007 SA Comedy Awards, and performing on SABC3’s 3Talk Conference early in 2006, and at the Woman of the Year function later that year. They were also privileged to have joined some of South Africa’s top performers to perform at the switching on of the Christmas lights in Cape Town in December 2007, and their performance at Evita Bezuidenhout’s 80th birthday party in 2005 remains the talk of the town! More recently they have performed at the Loerie Awards 2008 and the Huisgenoot/YOU Skouspel in October 2008.
3 Tons of Fun have enjoyed significant media coverage in the form of regular reviews and articles in local newspapers, magazines and on the internet. They also featured in the hillarious 2011 Marmite ad called "Broadside Maxwell"
What the press have had to say:
“More tons of voluptuous fun … when they are looking the three divas can have any crowd eating out of their hands.”
Peter Tromp, Cape Times
“WOMEN WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD VOICES...”
The Herald, Port Elizabeth
“THREE TONS OF TALENT AND PLENTY OF FUN … For some time Three Tons of Fun has existed in a universe of it’s own. There simply hasn’t been as durable and ubiquitous a stage / cabaret act as these three larger-than-life divas. A cultural phenomenon, the women have taken Cape Town by storm, and at the end of this show, when the audience showed their appreciation with roaring approval, it was as satisfying to this reviewer as it must have been for the perfromers. They have enough razzle-dazzle to fill at least two full-scale musicals. One senses a synergy between the performers and if it continues, the whole world beckons.”
Peter Tromp, Cape Times
BULELWA SAKAYI (mezzo soprano) comes from a classical music and theatre background having performed in numerous television, film and stage productions including the local film ‘E Carmen’ which received critical acclaim internationally.
MICHELLE THOMAS (alto) hails from Cape Town and has been involved in numerous musical productions including ‘Music Active’ at the Baxter Theatre.
STHE MFUPHI (alto and mezzo) has a diploma in light jazz, plays keyboards and drums, does musical arrangements and compositions, and is well known on the Cape Town jazz circuit, having performed at numerous jazz venues including ‘Mannenberg Jazz Café’.
Regular stand-in performer:
If any of the ladies are unavailable, their shoes are filled by the flamboyant diva SOI-SOI GQEZA. Soi-Soi's career has seen her performing backing vocals for artists like Peto, Ringo Madlingozi, the late Brenda Fassie, Lucky Dube, Winston Mankunku Ngozi and many others. She regularly performs at restaurants, hotels, corporate and private functions and has also performed internationally in Spain, Vietnam, Bahrain and Thailand.
Noteworthy bookings with Five Seasons
One of our most popular acts, 3 Tons of Fun has been booked for a myriad of corporate functions, conferences, festivals and private events. Some of our favourites include:
- Engen Driver of the Year Awards Gala Dinner, CTICC
- CICILS Gala Dinner, CTICC
- Porsche Service Excellent Awards Dinner, The Bay Hotel
- Avon Gala Dinner, Birchwood Hotel & Conference Centre
- WADA2013 Welcome Coctail / Opening Ceremony, Sandton Convention Centre
- UNISA SBL Gala Dinner event, Theatre On the Track
- FNB Exco Dinner, Zebula Bush Lodge
- President’s Group Gala Dinner, Castle of Good Hope
- Woolworths Charity Ball, Meerendal Estate
- Fidelity Security Services Year End Function, Khaya Ibhubesi, Parys
- Elite Leaders Incentive Group, Rhodes House, Cape Town
- Honey Jewellery Gala Awards evening, Emperor's Palace
- Exact! clothing Awards Evening, Arabella Western Cape Hotel & Spa, Kleinmond
- Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Directors AGM, Arabella Western Cape Hotel & Spa, Kleinmond
- DSA Awards, Sandton Sun Hotel
- Gala Dinner for ABBOTT Pharmaceautical Group, Castle of Good Hope, Cape Town
- Aviva Gala Dinner, One & Only Hotel, Cape Town
- Unisa SBL Leadership in Practice Award, Emperor's Palace
- Pharma Dynamics Road Show, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban & Cape Town
- MiWay Finance Corporate Event, Zoo Lake, Johannesburg
- Woolworths Christmas Media Day, The Lookout, Cape Town
- Pink Illumination Ball Charity Gala Dinner, Sandton Convention Centre
- Clover Gala Dinner, Sun City
- Nedbank Staff Recognition Awards, Westin Grand, CTICC
- Dimension Data Strategy Conference, Cape Town
- Pro Am Final Night, Fancourt, George
- Deney Reitz Cocktail Function, The Lookout, Cape Town
- Merchandise Day & Year-end Function, Upper Eastside Hotel, Woodstock Cape Town
- Zeda Company Awards Dinner, Theatre on the Track, Johannesburg
- SANLAM Client Dinner, Spier Estate
- Nederburg Wine Auction, Nederburg Estate
- Avroy Shlain Cosmetics Gala Dinner, Sun City
- Heineken Hospitality Marquee, Durban July
- Spine Congress 2010, Somerset House
- Steers Awards function, Sun City
- ASATA Awards event, Pigalle Cape Town
- Swift Micro Laboratories Year-end, The Venue Melrose Arch
- PetroSA Year-end event, ATKV Hartenbos
- Eastern Cape Tourism Awards, Regent Hotel, East London
- Indwe Risk Services Annual Awards function, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Johannesburg
- Wella Awards function, Emperor's Palace
- Metropolitan Life Gala Dinner, Sun City
- Kelly 40th Birthday Celebration, Rosebank Hotel
- SANTAM Gala Dinner, Montecasino
- Opening of the IPL, Newlands Cricket Grounds, Cape Town
- IPL Private Party, One & Only, Cape Town
- ABSA Bank Corporate Awards, Emperor's Palace
- Moore Stephens International Gala Dinner, CTICC
Thank you, we had the most wonderful time and your crew were simply great - I am recommending them all over town!!
Thank you so very much for all your help!
I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to you for being as patient and cooperative as you were. The ladies were fantastic and it was an absolute pleasure to work with them, they contributed hugely to the success of both the events. I understand that it is a very busy time for 3 Tons of Fun, so I wish them all the best, knowing that they will rock every show they perform at!
Samantha Blakeley, Tourvest
They were absolutely fantastic! Thank you for the great service!
Ginny Daly, Draftfcb
The entertainers were AWESOME!!! 3 Tons were as amazing as last year (in fact I think they were better) Brilliant ladies! Thank you again for the assistance and look forward to working alongside you next year!
Wylie Egan, Woolworths
Alles het baie goed gegaan en die gaste het dit baie geniet!
Anél Knoetze, Khaya Ibhubesi
I would like to say thank you to you and 3 Tons of Fun. They were phenomenal! They were the cherry on the cake for a perfect evening. Thank you once again and please convey my thanks to the girls as well.
Roshini Naidoo, Honey Jewellery
Thank you so much, the ladies were absolutely fabulous, our staff and audience really loved them. Thank you and thanks to them for a great show.
Michele Smit - Exact! clothing
I want them to move in with me...it went that well!
Heidi DeWet, Cliffe Dekker
From my side everything was superb! 3 Tons of Fun added a great atmosphere to the event and were a pleasure to work with! Thank you for the help and looking forward to working with you again!
Carryn Ortlepp, Green Route
3 Tons of Fun were fantastic! Please thank them for their patience - they where very accommodating and a pleasure to work with.
Fern Quantrill, Hands-On Promotions
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the involvement of 3 Tons of Fun in our Woolworths Charity Ball! They were amazing! 3 Tons really got the crowd going which is EXACTLY what we wanted. Everyone loved them!
Nicole Ricketts, Woolworths
All the acts were excellent and client was very happy.
Ginny Daly, Draftfcb
The event was indeed a great success, and the girls were great! Thanks for all your assistance.
Eleanor Williams, Liquidlingo Communications
Could you please convey my sincere thanks to 3 Tons of Fun for making our year-end function such a huge success!! The ladies were awesome and really got the party started.
Yvette Botes - Clicks Group
They were excellent! Could'nt stop watching them. They are true performers!
Karen Phipson - ATKV Hartenbos
This is just a short message to once again say THANK YOU to you and your team/s, helping make last night a BIG success! The people at the office, and Kevin are raving about last night … they loved the restaurant, food, drink, entertainment and awards – and all this would not have been possible without you guys – well done! You all have amazing people working for you / with you – please forward my thanks to them as well.
Sunet de Koker - Famous Brands
As always, The Ladies performed superbly and showcased SA Talent to the Miss World Contestants, that had them up & dancing at the 3rd song!
Stuart Lee - Famous Faces Management
Please could you extend our HUGE thank you to the very lovely ladies. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. They went beyond their duty and contractual call and put up an absolutely World class show. We will work with them any day.
Olga Grigorova, True Colour Events
© Biographies copyright Five Seasons Entertainment
You May Also Like...
Acclaimed young vocal group performing light opera, love songs and more...Read More
One of SA's top celebrity party bands, with a string of hits to their name...Read More